Thursday, November 4, 2010

Do not try this at home

The other day, out of desperation to help bb S fight her high fever, I heeded a friend’s advice to try a home remedy.

Friend:When I was young and had high fever, my mom used to make a dough out of plain flour and raw egg, put it on my chest for about 20minutes. My fever subsided immediately. It’s very effective!!”

We googled it and found some comments on the effectiveness of this traditional method.

When I took this picture, I was having a good laugh and couldn’t wait to brag about the success of the home remedy.

_MG_0470

A few hours later, I was at the paediatrician being ‘educated’ on how infants under 1 year-old could react to egg white.

Not only did the fever remain, bb S developed a red patch of rash on her chest, possibly from the egg.

Do not judge or roll your eyes. I know I need more wisdom. Sorry bb S...

Note: the remedy was done when daddy M was not at home. As usual, he was calm when he found out…

xoxo,

First-time parent.

1 comment:

Sin Yee said...

i am wondering who that friend of yours could be