Wednesday, June 22, 2011

End on a sweet note

photo2

It was a good 48-hour trip. A few meetings got cancelled which left me with some free time to walk around the city, combing every floor of Harrods and Harvey Nicols at Knightsbridge.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), the effects of jet lag hindered me from making any emotional big-ticket purchase despite the sale.

I love London. When it’s NOT raining.  I love the medieval architecture, the parks, the curry and the accents… Unlike the past few cities that I was in, I managed to take it slow in London and enjoyed every bit of it. Shopping, fine dining, people watching and fantastic weather. It would have been perfect if daddy M was with me.

When you’re down, the only way is UP and I see this short ‘break’ in London as my UP after the exhausting past few weeks.

This marks the close of a chapter in my crazy work season.  I’m happy to be home.

photo

No comments: