Saturday, June 18, 2011

Good seasons ahead

When I left for my biz trip on Monday, daddy M was in good shape.  When I returned 4 days later, he was lying on a hospital bed with two surgeries done on his knee.  Totally unexpected.

1

Daddy M’s knee swelled suddenly on Monday night and deteriorated to immobility within days. Before I knew it, he was scheduled for two surgeries (front & back) while I was in between meetings talking to people who think the world of themselves.

I was angry that I couldn’t cancel my trip and be home for my husband.  I was worried. I was stressed out. I felt bad. Most of all I was exhausted mentally and physically.

All I could do was to grit my teeth and continue with my presentations professionally.

I cried intermittently in between meetings and hoped to have a big cry on the plane or in the toilet at the end of the trip. But to my surprise, I found no tears.  Perhaps I really knew that daddy M’s in good hands. God’s protection is surely on my household.

Tomorrow I am flying again. To London. Can you see me gritting my teeth?

I can only carry on with sanity through faith.

All these madness are going to be over soon and I’m expecting some pretty good seasons ahead! VERY SOON!

 

xoxo,

A stronger SK (through Christ).

No comments: