Thursday, October 30, 2008

Goodness in a box



I wish I can do this more often- bring my own lunch. I brought some left-over chicken stew to work during the week . We have a little lunch box, a gift from Shih Erh. It was for me to pack lunch for Marcel since his office is in the whoopee whoop (Science Park). BUT the lunch box is way too cute for his appetite. Usually the food overflows into another bigger container :)
It comes with 2 rectangular containers (3”x 2”x 2”) and a jar (4”x 2”)– more suitable for children below 12 or me when I feel fat. Anyways, I love my chicken stew! It's THE dish that made Marcel marry me haha.

Menu for the day: SK chicken stew

To marinate (at least 30min):
Chicken drumsticks, fillet, thigh
Soy sauce
Salt
Oyster sauce

Ingredients (A):
Garlic, chopped
Dried shrimps
Dried scallops
Onion, cut
Cabbage, cut
Carrot, cut
Chili, for taste
Parsley

Ingredients (B)
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Fresh mushrooms
Enoki mushrooms
1 or 2 full cloves of garlic
Asparagus (optional)

Sautee ingredients (A) with butter, add chicken. Add water as needed to cover the ingredients. Simmer for 30minutes and add ingredients (B). Continue simmer for 30min or more. Serve with rice. Oh ya ! A must have to go with SK stew --> cut chili + soy sauce + calamansi.

4 comments:

meefedtothemax said...

mmmm. the famous SK chicken stew! haven't eaten it in years (hint hint..)

i like your lunch box. so happifying! :) have been bringing lunch from home too. it's nice to eat something comforting and home-cooked when one has to stay in to work.

meefedtothemax said...

CHOPE! do you soak the scallops and hae bi in water first to soften before you cook it in butter?

The little me said...

yup i do soack the scallops and hae bi for a short while. If you noticed, i don't add salt - cos the saltiness comes fr the dried stuff.

Shhhhhh said...

er... how come i never try before? sookie, your soup base is really too 'ho liao' , this kind of ingredient cannot go wrong! cook for me!