Thursday, October 30, 2008

Malaysia in Singapore


A friend once commented that coming to my house is like an excursion to Malaysia. I kind of agree to what she said. Marcel and I have always felt that our street has significant resemblance to Jalan Concord 9, Penang where my parents’ house is.
If you stand on the street and look around, it really feels like being in Malaysia. Old houses, trees, no flats within the horizon and you get this laid-back undeveloped ‘kampung’ feel.

I know I know, apart from the irritatingly famous Roti Prata, (which attracts loads of traffic on weekends) Jalan Kayu probably has not much to offer. But look closely, there is abundance of greenery, sense of tranquility and if you’re lucky you can see a few roosters running around in the morning (God knows where they come from!).

So if it’s too far to drive to JB and you need a getaway, just drive round my house at Jalan Tari Piring, off Jalan Kayu for your half-day excursion :)

1 comment:

Shhhhhh said...

sorry lor...'kampong feel' must have kids running around on the road and they are unaware of the danger... i dont see the kampong feel here...