Monday, October 20, 2008

A phone call away


A clich̩. "A phone call away" -often said and used by telcos as tag lines. But no one picks up the phone and call a friend any more (at least for my generation) unless it's necesary . Keeping in touch= yahoo, msn, facebook, email. Try calling an old-time friend whom you've not seen/spoken for awhile, you'll probably scare him/her and spur thoughts on your vested interestРinsurance? MLM ?

Sigh…

I was working late last night and got a surprised call from an old friend from Penang, Boon Choo. We’ve not spoken for years… She’s a mother of one who doesn’t go on line and I usually vegetate and stay at home when I’m back in Penang. Sort of lost touch over the years though her name remains in my phone book.

It’s really nice to hear from her again. There was no feeling of distance or awkward moment of silence at all. Short conversation but good enough to catch up.

Hmmm.. having said that, it doesn’t mean that I'm gonna look up my phone book and start calling long-lost friends, but at least I’ll look Boon Choo up on my next trip home :)


*Photo courtesy of devicepedia.com

2 comments:

Sin Yee said...

I welcome phone calls. HAHAAA

meefedtothemax said...

waliao now i feel guilty putting down on you that day when you called me up for lunch and i wasn't free ;)