Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Becoming bimbo again


Marcel left for Pune, India at the wee hour this morning. I went back to dreamland after seeing him off blurry. As expected, I overslept. It happens all the time when he travels. I automatically become a slack - I’ll be late for work, the bed is not made, the lights are on, sometimes i forget to lock the door!

Now, where on earth is Pune? It’s around 160 km southeast of Mumbai (see map) and pronounced as “Poooneh”. I laughed my head off when Marcel first mentioned the name as I thought it sounded abit vulgar/ racist.

So what’s life like for me when marcel travels?
- Snooze and snooze and snooze in the morning.
- Go for beauty fixes that take up time - hair cut, dermatologist.
- Become a workoholic- I would leave work later than usual even though there is no urgency / need to.
- Enjoy the solitaire of what he enjoys best – stay at home and soak myself with English / Cantonese series with my favourite authentic Penang Prawn Mee (AMK S11). I can do this over and over , the last time he travelled I had this three nights within a week.
- Catch up with girlfriends.
- 6552 1111 is on my speed-dial.
- Figuring out how to use the washing machine - yes one of the key benefits of marrying him is he loves to do laundry.
- Lost my way driving (only on weekends) and call him in overseas for directions!
- Become a bimbo (more so when he is not around).

Oh well.. I am hoping to make some changes this round though, I promise not to be late for work and remember to LOCK THE DOOR!

I miss my mijo.
*map from IndoGlobal Knowledge

No comments: