Friday, January 9, 2009

3,2,1, Action!

By chance (and on last minute notice) today I was tasked to do the first TV interview of my life. I had butterflies the whole day, even a hair spa didn't help much. The fact that I was going to be beamed on national TV looking plainly nervous really freaked me out...

So how is it really like? The interview was not 'live' from the main studio but in a small room in OCBC building. I sat behind a desk, facing a camera. On my left, there's a small screen showing the presenter from the main studio. I had an earpiece and a tiny microphone clipped on my shirt. The presenter started by interviewing others from other studios while I waited for my turn. And a voice from the ear peace: "Ok SK, you're up in 2 minutes". Gulp.

Presenter: “Now, let's hear it from the analyst.... we have LEE SK from......". I don't know how I looked and I can't remember what I said. Before I knew it, my 3 minutes were up! I'm done. But but but i think i was repeating myself and stammering. I think i forgot to mention this and that! That's it?! No 2nd take?? And the screen on the left moved to another studio.... I vaguely heard someone over the ear peace "Thanks SK, it was good for a first timer”.

Don't ask me when it will be aired, I don't know and I didn't ask.

PS: Thank God.

7 comments:

meefedtothemax said...

WAH! you're famous, Lee Siew Khee! must tape it...was it CNA?

chewie said...

you're famous! i am so in awe of my famous friend. famous for something intelligent somemore. way better than winning Singapore Idol!

Unknown said...

Well done, Siew Khee!!! We will will not miss the program!... and trust u remembered the most important line at the end.. :D Uncle Song must be happy he finally has someone to pass the baton to keke..

Shhhhhh said...

yeah yeah yeah!!!

Sin Yee said...

must let us know when it wld b aired!!

Shhhhhh said...

终于熬到出头天,光宗耀祖了喔!!!

Majimo said...

I am really proud of you.

From your No. 1 fan!