Friday, January 2, 2009

Almost a perfect day

I was well prepared to blog about how good my day was and how 2009 has treated me pretty well so far... until I was greeted by an unwelcome visitor! A small lizard stuck on the windscreen in the car!


What do I and Marcel have in common? We are both afraid of lizards. So, imagine a man and a woman, pulled over to the side of the road. The woman squatting on the floor on one side of the car and the man hitting the car door on the other side. That was us, trying to shoo the lizzy out of the car. I know it sounds hilarious but we tend to react irrationally when we encounter these reptiles and fear is contagious. So, no exagerating movement please at times like this... I can imagine my dad shaking his head as he says: "Hiya, they are sooo small and you are so much bigger , why are you scared?!" The bottom line is - lizards drive both of us nuts . I was ready to abandon the car and take a cab home...

After constant knocking of about 15-20minutes and as we started to attract strange stares from passer-by, Marcel finally got rid of it, or so we thought because IT dissapeared and was not seen on the road (too dark anyway) nor in the car.

I'm praying that it will not resurface in the car tomorrow!

1 comment:

wandalingam said...

where's the pix of the celebrity?