Sunday, January 11, 2009

For better or for much better

2 days ago, Marcel reminded me to get abalone for my parents. Yesterday, he reminded me to get Bak Kwa for my parents. Today, he asked me if we need to get new steamboat pot for my mom for CNY. I'm deeply touched. The CNY goodies were usually initiated by the service-award and world-peace ambassador, moi. 

I've always been the one doing the reminding and shopping. It's a 'Chinese' practice after all... Years back, I had hoped that the goodies could smoothen the unspoken tension (disapproval from my parents of me seeing a non-Chinese). Of course today the tension is no longer there, by the grace of God (perhaps the abalone did some good too haha).

But what touched me most is him being proactive this year. I'm thankful and contented. Who says it will only get worse after marriage? 

1 comment:

Sin Yee said...

I am impressed.One of the never say never list? :p