Monday, November 10, 2008

Fusion wannabe


Bak Kut Teh to Penangite is usually herbal and dark in colour. It took me a while to acclimatize to the 'peppery' and clear Singapore style. I remember I felt so cheated when I had my 1st BKT in Singapore along Cantonment Road- that it’s nothing but pepper! Stupid Malaysian :)
Of course, I’ve grown to accept and enjoy the feistiness over the years.

BUT if you’re looking for a change or up for some herbs– try Leon Kee at Allexander Village, stall #01-18. The BKT is served in a claypot and rather ‘herby’.

Another must try is the avocado juice strategically located next to the BKT. The stall is called “KING OF AVOCADO” (talking about effective marketing). Remember to ask for less sweet if you're like me (no sweet tooth).

BKT + Avocado juice , I know it’s funky.. or is it fusion ? I never fully understand fusion anyway. I classify Fusion as food that is in Confusion and cooked using mixed ingredients. Chinese + Australian, Indian + German or if you want to open a restaurant that has everything , you call it Fusion.
So imagine, a glass of fresh smooth avocado juice (decorated with nice mint leave by the glass) and a bowl of aromatic pork ribs in herbal broth. Fusion??

1 comment:

Shhhhhh said...

I am looking for good Bak Kut Teh in Sin. Never try avocado juice before. I never like fusion but will try and let you know my experience.