Sunday, November 23, 2008

Project rainbow

OUR recent daily breakfast conversation topics at work have been surrounding retrenchment and pay cuts like a broken record. So and so from XYZ, this and that person from ABC. Job cuts are happening at a breakneck speed in my industry. Some of my peers in other firms are not spared. Being too junior, one could be the first to go and being too senior, he or she could be considered as a "heavyweight" and targeted as the sacrificial lamb for the team. It's not about competence or loyalty anymore but a number game. It's sad but there's no point living in fear or constantly expecting judgement to happen like some around me...

Well, I've got nothing to hold on but on His grace. I'm going to start a project for myself called Project Rainbow - wear a rainbow on my head and not be a follower of the crowd with dark clouds over their heads... Ok ok this is a pure SK monologue, don't roll your eyes.

*image fr www.the6thdimension.com

1 comment:

meefedtothemax said...

i dare you - go wear your rainbow and take picture and show me! :)