Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This is the day


Today in History – Barack Obama being elected America's first black president. Me talking about politics? Neh.. I know nuts about it. Not even the ones at home let alone the US. I learnt the difference between Democrats and Republicans from Brothers & Sisters. All I know is- Democrats hate wars, Republicans hate homosexuals.. or is it the other way round?? I didn't watch it for the politics, but more for the cute actors, the family drama, and the lovely American house decors on set . Sometimes I would pause and study how they display their pictures on the walls, the vases, the side tables, the humungous kitchen island..
Ahem.. got carried away.. Yes, I was talking about US presidents.. I know them, here and there:-
Lincoln - who can forget his beard? And his views on slavery
Nixon- first president to visit China in the 70's
Kennedy - beautiful wife, tragic death, father & son
Clinton - the juicy bit.
Bush - war and oil
OH well.. Whatever it is, I do know how to pray for Obama. For his safey especially. God bless him as we enter into an era of reformation and change (for the better, i hope).

No comments: