Saturday, November 15, 2008

Let there be light



Since I'm on the subject of Yellow Light, I should do the restaurant justice to rave about it. As I said before, I'm biased and I'm proud to be so. I can easily name 10 dishes that topped any other Thai eateries in Singapore.
  1. Miang Khum - condiments wrapped in "spider leaves". Best sauce so far in Singapore.
  2. Nam Prik Ka Pi - raw vegetables with sambal (beats any Malay sambal).
  3. Fried fish cake - note the subtle crunchiness from the long beans.
  4. Poo Ja-stuffed crab meat with a touch of salted egg.
  5. Fried salted egg- uniquely YL.
  6. Steamed lime fish- ask for less spicy if you can't handle it.
  7. Fried 3-flavoured fish- It's good! Pardon my lack of fancy vocab, I'm not a food critic after all..
  8. Tang-hoon crab- the coriander root and garlic are hidden below.
  9. Tom Yam soup- more flavourful than the usuals
  10. Thap Thim Krawp- the all-time fav Red Rubbies. Ask to up size it with a scoop of coconut ice cream!

I don't know why this comes to mind :-Genesis 1:3-4 - And God said, let there be light, and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good...


Yellow Light Thai Food Restaurant
95 East Coast Road
6345 7324
Closed on Monday

1 comment:

meefedtothemax said...

that coconutty chendol-like thing in the montage below looks really good. makes me want to go back to yellow light. will ya take me? only we need to order less spicy things. i.e. crab tunghoon versus super-spicy fish ;)