Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hiding place

I am a walking zombie today, thanks to the mere 4-hour zzz. My work scope is never stale and hinges a lot on newsflow and what’s happening in the industry, bla bla bla… My day could start off slow and easy with long breakfast, manicure during lunch but turn 180 degrees south after market close. Checking for announcements on the SGX website before I sleep has become a daily routine for me (and Marcel), even as applying my night moisturizer... As soon as there's any relevant news, I start working again.

So what is the aftermath cure to stay awake the following day? I head to the office library for a power nap. My usual quick fix to a zombified day. I have a yoga mat and pillow hidden among the books at a corner. The kind and understanding librarian would signal to me when I can ‘check in’ after she’s done with her filing.

I lock the door, off the lights, lay my mat on the floor, take off my shoes, set the alarm and there I go, onto my condensed dreamland... After 20 minutes, I subtly walk out of the library, passing my colleagues and back to my desk with a fresh face. Erm.., I think my boss sort of knows the quirky practice but has been kind to pretend ignorant.

*My pillow is orange & brown in colour, the white & red ones belong to my collegues

No comments: