Monday, November 24, 2008

Heavy heart

Sometime May this year, I sent a string of sms/emails to people in my circle asking for B+ blood donation for my colleague’s 2 year-old niece, Jill, battling cancer. To my pleasant surprise, the response was overwhelming and my colleague was touched and impressed by these forthcoming people... I’m not sure if any of them got called up by the hospital for the donation eventually.
Every now and then I would get updates from my colleague on Jill’s development and how she's coping with the chemo...

Today, I received news that Jill has passed away last Thursday.

I’m sad though I've not met Jill but it's like I know her from far... Her obituary reads, “(She) followed Jesus to the heavenly playground after a valiant battle with Malignant Rhabdoid Tumour”, with a photo of her in a big happy smile.

She has fought a good fight in faith and will be remembered as a tough cookie by a lot of people whom she’s never met.

My prayers go to her family… and thanks to those who have courageously availed themselves to help Jill...


I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful” -2 Tim 4:7

*image from chookooloonks.com

No comments: