Saturday, November 8, 2008

Free for all

Thanks to miss know-it-all Siu Ling, I went to my first Club 21 Sale at the F1 Pit building (how convenient- the husband built the place, the wife used it).
It was an eye-opening experience. For a moment, I thought I was in air-conditioned Chat-Tut-Chat - crowded with women, men (straight and non), old and young (school kids in uniform included). As if the merchandise were FREE! Tai-tais forgot their etiquette, squatting on the floor and scraping through bags load of clothes. Some were trying on skirts and pants in the public (with NO mirror). DKNY, D&G, Jil Sander, Balenciaga were randomly chucked around like pasar-malam clothes, not as appetizing as their usual selves...
After queuing for 45mins, I finally got my CK winter jacket at $100 (UP: $699), not that I need one or traveling any time soon. But this is the only thing that fit and felt good on me without a mirror's help. It's psychological. I think I only felt good because it was fulfilling that it's at 85% discount. But the highlight was not the jacket, it was the phone conversations that I evesdropped on a tai-tai in the queue.
Conversation 1:
Taitai: Hi darling, today your lunch is corn beef sandwich ok? Mummy is very busy now. After your lunch, ask the driver to send you to xxxx, mummy is very busy.

Conversation 2:
Taitai: Hey xyz, remember the yellow Armani top that you wore to my house? What bra did you wear?
....
Taitai: Oh it's DKNY? How do you wear it?
....
Tai tai: Can you get me one the next time you see it? Get me a 36C. Err wait, I don't think my plastic surgeon can make it in time, just get me a 36B then. OK? remember, it's 36B.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shhhhhh said...

remember! we don't need a plastic surgeon from B to C... we can 'DIY'!

meefedtothemax said...

hilarious. debs said that while we were in the queue, she saw people stripping down to their bra & pants to try stuff while in the queue! madness.

well, i'm glad you managed to get sth for yourself. I only got myself some cushion covers - the rest were gifts for others. was sorely tempted by this all-calfskin CK overnighter at $200 but decided that I didn't need it :)